Career Opportunities with the WCCD
Education and Outreach Coordinator
Accepting applications through 1/17/20
Education and Outreach Coordinator; part-time, 20 hours per week; FLSA exempt.
Education and Outreach Coordinator works in partnership with Washtenaw County Conservation District staff, volunteers and partners to promote the District’s mission by developing, delivering and providing for the ongoing vitality of both the Backyard Conservation Education Series and Conservation Ag Field Series.
Reports to: District Manager
Supervises: Presenters/speakers, Intern(s), volunteers
External Stakeholders: Community groups, partner organizations, local units of government
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Planning & Program Development (30%)
- Develops 2020 Backyard Conservation Education Series and Conservation Ag Field Series
- Develops program templates and evaluations;
- Build relationships with community groups and partner organizations;
Management & Coordination (40%)
- Manages project budgets;
- Coordinates preparation for each workshop or field day;
- Facilitates each workshop or field day, including administering evaluations
- Conducts follow up preceding each field day
Washtenaw County Conservation District
- Manages, expands and updates community contact lists;
- Attend community meetings and events;
- Promotes education series to relevant communities;
- Promotes WCCD and our mission to community groups;
- Develops grant proposals in collaboration with other staff;
- Performs other assignments as required.
The primary workplace is in a typical office setting at the District’s office in Ann Arbor. Workshops and field days will be located in various locations across Washtenaw County, including on farms. Must be able to work M-F, January- June, and occasional Saturdays.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree preferred in related field.
EXPERIENCE: Proven experience in community-based programming or education.
- Exceptional organization and presentation skills;
- Excellent oral, telephone and written communication skills;
- Excellent social and interpersonal skills, a team player, and relate positively with people of
different ages, cultures and abilities;
- Computer literacy including Microsoft Office and web applications;
- Maintains a valid driver's license.
- Safely operate a motor vehicle and is licensed to do so;
- Lift and handle materials of up to 35 pounds without assistance;
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, in the English language;
- Relationship with Washtenaw County farming community a plus;
- Community organizing or community engagement experience a plus;
- Work efficiently outdoors in varying conditions and terrain;
- Work flexible hours, including evenings and weekend.
- The Education and Outreach Coordinator is a temporary, part-time position exempt from overtime requirements. Hourly rate: $17/hr.
ABOUT THE CONSERVATION DISTRICT
Founded in 1948, the Washtenaw County Conservation District’s mission is to assist residents and landowners with the management and wise use of natural resources in Washtenaw County. The WCCD primarily serve Washtenaw through resource assessments, conservation resource distributions, education and technical assistance.
Submit your cover letter, resume and two professional references to the District Manager, Megan DeLeeuw at email@example.com.