Freedom of Information Requests
FOIA requests to the District may be submitted by any of the following means:
(Please specify FOIA request in subject line)
Mail: Washtenaw County CD
ATTN: FOIA Coordinator
705 N. Zeeb Rd. #201
Ann Arbor, MI 48103-1560
A FOIA request must include all the following information:
- Individual (other than one who claims indigency)
- Complete name
- Address – Must be written in compliance with United States Postal Service addressing standards.
- Contact information – Must include a valid telephone number or electronic mail address.
- Person (other than individual)
- Complete name of person’s agent
- Address of person’s agent – Must be written in compliance with United States Postal Service addressing standards.
- Contact information of person’s agent – Must include a valid telephone number or electronic mail address.
Verbal: Verbal requests will be accepted for information that is available on the District’s public website. The
response to a verbal request will be informing the requestor of the pertinent website address.
Requests should sufficiently describe the public record by name, time frame and other relevant information to enable the FOIA Coordinator to identify and locate the record. Requests should also include a name, phone number, mailing address and e-mail address, if available. Additional identifying information may be requested in order to complete a search for the requested records. For a summary of the District FOIA Procedures and Guidelines, see below.